A Carefree + Sparkly New Year
Hey my loves!
I originally planned on making a #BlackGirlMagic blog post with this shoot, but I guess the holiday and December vibes got the best of me. However, that doesn't stop me from sprinkling a little bit of magic throughout this post.
With the year coming to an end, I wanted to talk about the idea of the "Carefree black girl," something I strive to be! Examples of Carefree black girls: Solange, Rihanna and Janelle Monae.
Carefree black girls are fearless and don't let society label them with the stereotypical ideas of black women such as angry, aggressive and "ghetto".
Today and every day I choose to embody the carefree black girl: radiating positivity, living a life with no limits or fears, breaking barriers and spreading love. I encourage my readers to as well!
While you may not fall under the "carefree black girl" category, you can still embrace the magic + positivity that comes with the lifestyle. So, follow along to see the list of things I'll (and you should) be doing to live a sparkly + positive lifestyle.
1. Your time + Your dreams are so so so so SO important -- don't let people interfere with them.
2. Be present and in the moment at all times, you'll never be as young as you are in this moment.
3. Don't be afraid to LET GO! Let go of toxic people, things and habits. Also, loosen up! No need to be perfect or always follow the rules.
4. DANCE! Despite your struggles (financially, relationship, health), dance. You are alive + you are loved. The gift of life is what you make it.
5. Shine! Get dressed, swipe a lil lipstick on and keep your chin high. Conquer your fears. Go after those oh-so-outrageously crazy opportunities you think you're not qualified for. You are the only YOU. So use the skills that are unique to you to kill it!