So last night I was CRAVING some Italian food. Specifically, I wanted some Lasagna Fritta from Olive Garden, but wasn't trying to spend the time or money to go there. SO, ya girl decided to put on her chef coat and make some Italian food from home!
Read how I made this fried ravioli dish below.... (Spoiler alert: It was SUPER EASY!)
What you need:
Four Cheese Ravioli from Trader Joe's
Olive Oil from Walmart
Buttermilk from Walmart
Italian Style Bread Crumbs from Walmart
Marinara Sauce from Walmart
How I cooked it:
1) Boil ravioli for 5-7 minutes on medium heat
*Tip: To avoid soggy raviolis, remove from water when finished boiling. Leave ravioli in strainer until ready for next step*
2) Fill deep frying pan with lots and lots of oil (enough to cover the raviolis). Keep on medium heat.
3) While the oil is heating up, start the coating process. Fill two separate bowls: one with breadcrumbs and one with buttermilk.
*Note: No real measurements are necessary for the milk or breadcrumbs. Use as much as needed!*
4) One at a time, begin dipping the raviolis in the buttermilk and follow by coating the wet raviolis with breadcrumbs.
*Tip: Flip raviolis in milk and breadcrumbs a couple times to ensure they are fully covered. When they are done being coated, lay them on a baking sheet until they are ready to be fried*
5) Start frying 'em up! Place the coated raviolis gently into the frying pan and cook until golden brown. Flip occasionally.
*Tips: I fried the raviolis in batches of 3-4 at a time. Then, I removed them using tongs and a spatula (to keep them flat), this helped to prevent them from tearing. Place the fried raviolis on a napkin-covered plate to remove excess oil.*
6) Sprinkle some shredded parmesan over your finished plate, pour some heated marinara sauce in the center and you're good to go!!
I hope you enjoy this yummy dish as much as I did! It was so much fun to make and even more fun to eat.
Would you eat or make this dish at home? Want to see more recipes like this on the blog? Let me know in the comments!